CEREC® One-Visit Restorations – Portland, OR
Fast, Custom Restorations Made In-Office
CEREC 3D is a computerized system for designing and milling beautiful porcelain crowns and tooth restorations (inlays and onlays) in a single visit. With CEREC, we remove only those portions of the tooth that are already lost or weakened and save as much of the original structure as possible—which is consistent with our minimally invasive approach to dentistry. The look and feel of a CEREC restored tooth are amazingly lifelike. Plus, there are no impressions, temporary crowns, or return visits necessary with this procedure!
Why Choose Advanced Dental Arts NW for CEREC® One-Visit Restorations?
- Restorations Created and Placed on the Same Day
- Advanced Technology for Higher-Quality Results
- Compassionate Team That Ensures a Pleasant Patient Experience
What Are CEREC® One-Visit Restorations?
Dr. Teasdale has made continuing education and incorporating the latest technology a priority in our practice. Our staff at Advanced Dental Arts NW works to provide our patients with the best care; this is why we have included CEREC as part of our restoration options. CEREC is a system that was designed with you, our patient, in mind.
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics and is more commonly referred to by the simpler CEramic REConstruction. With this technology, we can design, customize, and then fabricate a metal-free restoration, including veneers, inlays, onlays, dental crowns, and even dental bridges. This entire service is done in office, not in a dental lab. The difference is a product that is designed, created, and fabricated the same day as your dental appointment; you no longer have to wait multiple weeks to get a tooth repaired.
At most dental offices, if a patient requires a dental restoration such as a crown or bridge, they are required to make at least two office visits. The first is to determine what is needed, and then at a later date, to fit the restoration. With CEREC, we can restore your tooth from start to finish all in one appointment, saving you time.
The CEREC system is both a customized design and milling station. Treatment begins with 3D radiographic images, which are then processed using CAD/CAM technology. The specialized software allows us to take precise measurements of the shape and size of your teeth. This will allow us to create a perfectly customized restoration that was designed with you in mind. The work done through this technology is far more efficient than traditional plaster molds.
Once we have designed your restoration, the CEREC milling machine will create your prosthetic while you wait. In a very short time, the machine will create and then fire your porcelain restoration right here in our office. Our patients love the CEREC difference. With CEREC, our patients no longer need to wait for their prosthetic to be fabricated in a dental lab. Now, we can have your dental work done from beginning to end in a single appointment.
Ceramic Dental Restorations
CEREC restorations come with many benefits, including:
- Perfect Looking Ceramic Teeth: Ceramic dental restorations visibly appear very close to your natural teeth, both in color and translucency.
- Metal and Mercury Free: Our porcelain restorations are free of toxic materials, giving many patients peace of mind.
- Less Risk: Ceramic crowns are made using only biocompatible materials, meaning less risk for allergic reactions or gum irritation.
- Precise Fit: With CEREC 3D imaging and software, we can design a restoration that fits perfectly over your tooth and seamlessly among your other teeth.
- Durable: Current studies have indicated that CEREC restorations exceed any other material in durability and longevity, including gold.
We would love to answer your questions about CEREC restorations! For more information, contact Dr. Teasdale-- our front office staff is happy to assist you.