Dental Bonding – Portland, OR
A Healthier, Happier Smile in Record Time
Dental bonding is a versatile treatment that can enhance aesthetically imperfect teeth as well as improve the health of the bite to relieve TMJ-related pain. At ADANW, we routinely use bonding to achieve incredible results in relatively little time. This conservative and affordable option can help small adjustments to dental structure that result in big benefits. Better yet, the procedure can usually be completed in just one appointment, making it easy for a patient to fit it into their schedule. Keep reading to learn more about dental bonding in Portland, and give us a call if you would like to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Advanced Dental Arts NW for Dental Bonding?
- Fast, Affordable Cosmetic Dental Treatment
- Make Minor Dental Flaws Disappear in One Visit
- Effective & Precise Relief For TMJ Pain
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is made of composite resin, whichis the same material used for tooth-colored fillings. It is extremely malleable, durable, and strong.
The color-matched resin is applied directly to the tooth, and then Dr. Teasdale shapes it to slightly alter the look and shape of the enamel. It is dried and polished, helping it blend in seamlessly with the natural dental structure. The entire procedure typically takes about an hour from start to finish, and patients should be able to resume their normal day immediately afterward.
How Dental Bonding Can Enhance Your Smile
When it comes to fixing minor cosmetic flaws, dental bonding is a simple and excellent choice. It can be used to:
- Cover stains that do not respond to professional teeth whitening
- Close small gaps
- Repair broken or chipped teeth
- Slightly reshape teeth to create a more uniform smile
- Make short teeth appear longer
Dental Bonding for TMJ Treatment
For patients suffering from chronic jaw pain and headaches due to TMJ/TMD, dental bonding also allows Dr. Teasdale to make small adjustments to the bite that can provide long-term relief. TMJ disorder or TMD can result in recurring chips and cracks. After using TekScan technology to determine what is causing imbalances in the bite and jaw joint, Dr. Teasdale can build up and repair specific teeth by applying bonding to them, creating a more harmonious bite. Not only will this help the teeth look better cosmetically, but they will also meet and function more successfully, which should help alleviate discomfort far into the future.
How to Take Care of Dental Bonding
On average, dental bonding can be expected to last for about 10 years, and fortunately, maintenance is simple. You are probably familiar with many of the best practices already. Whether you get bonding for cosmetic reasons or to resolve TMJ-related pain, we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss in the evening.
- Avoid chewing on hard items that could damage the bonding, like ice, pens, pencils, fingernails, etc.
- Limit your consumption of darkly pigmented foods and drinks to avoid staining (coffee, wine, soy sauce, tomato sauce, etc.).
- Maintain your regular dental checkups at least twice each calendar year.
- Contact our office as soon as you notice any issues, like if the bonding is becoming loose or chipping.
Is dental bonding exactly what you need to achieve an attractive and comfortable smile? Your cosmetic dentist in Portland can discuss your treatment options with you in detail at an in-person consultation—contact us today to schedule your visit!