Dental Implants – Portland, OR
Get Your Confident, Strong Smile Back
When it comes to replacing your missing teeth, the gold standard hands down is dental implants. Unlike traditional bridges and dentures, which rest above the gum surface, dental implants start by replacing the missing tooth’s root. Fully recreating a natural tooth allows dental implants to provide patients with basically the same biting strength as they had before tooth loss. This revolutionary treatment can help people regain both confidence and function in their smile for a lifetime to come.
Why Choose Advanced Dental Arts NW for Dental Implants?
- Partnered with Trusted Oral Surgeons
- Metal-Free Restorations Available
- Over 3 Decades of Dentistry Experience
Benefits of Dental Implants
Out of all the options for replacing missing teeth, dental implants are the only one that restores more than just the top portion of the tooth. Compared to dental bridges and dentures alone, dental implants have many advantages, including:
- Long-lasting results : Dentures and bridges need to be replaced every few years, but dental implants can last more than 30 years!
- No dependence on surrounding teeth : Partial dentures and bridges rely on the healthy teeth around the gap to stabilize them, which can put those teeth at risk for decay, damage, or even extraction down the road. Implants are completely self-supporting, however, so this isn’t a problem.
- More youthful appearance : Dental implants keep the jawbone and surrounding tissues stimulated and strong, which helps you retain a younger look overall.
- High success rate : On average, 10 years after they have been placed, 95% of dental implants are still successful.
- Easy maintenance : With dental implants, you don’t have to take them out and soak them in cleansing solutions. Patients just have to brush and floss them like real teeth and get regular checkups to keep them looking like new.
Indications for Dental Implants
No matter what condition your smile is in currently, we have a dental implant solution that can rebuild it from the ground up.
Missing Single Tooth
In the case of a single lost tooth, a dental implant post is placed in the same position in the jawbone as the original root, keeping nutrients and blood flow coming to the tissues and bone. Then, the implant is topped with a custom dental crown for a completely natural look.
Missing Multiple Teeth
If you’re missing several teeth throughout your mouth, a few dental implants may be able to provide support for a partial denture or dental bridge. Instead of anchoring to the surrounding teeth, these restorations are held using strategically placed dental implants.
Missing All Teeth
Even if you’ve suffered total tooth loss, dental implants may be able to help! With four to six implants, you can have a solid foundation for your restored smile. You can have a denture permanently affixed to the implants and enjoy all your favorite foods again.
How Dental Implants Work
Although we do not perform the dental implant placement procedure here at Advanced Dental Arts NW, we can refer you to specialists in the area who have the same standard of care that we do. They will be able to surgically place your dental implant posts, and you’ll need several weeks or months to fully heal and allow your jawbone to grow and bond to the post(s). Once this process is complete, you’ll return to our office to have your restorations created and placed.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Because each smile is unique, the dental implant treatment, and therefore the cost, will vary from patient to patient. The number of implants, the type of restoration, and the location of the implants are all factors that impact the end price. When you consider that you would need to pay to replace regular dental bridges and dentures about every 5 to 10 years, you will likely find that dental implants actually save you money and hassle because they’re able to endure for decades.