Invisalign® Clear Aligners – Portland, OR
Straighten Your Teeth Discreetly
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment that’s virtually unseen, extremely predictable in its results, and easily removable for eating, brushing and flossing. It usually requires less time than conventional braces, and we can even tell you what you’ll look like at given points during treatment. In 2012, Dr. Teasdale became the first and only general dentist in the entire state of Oregon to have earned the “Elite Provider” designation from Invisalign®. We retain the honor of having completed more Invisalign® cases than any other dental office in the state!
Why Choose Advanced Dental Arts NW for Invisalign® Clear Aligners?
- Fast, Proven Results
- Dentist with More than 30 Years of Experience
- Customized Treatment Plan for Each Patient
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is for adult patients who have a bad bite, also known as a malocclusion. This includes those with an overbite, underbite, crossbite, or overcrowding of the teeth.
Designed for patients who are seeking a private way to straighten their teeth, this modern take on traditional braces allows you to get the look you want without the metal brackets and wires, allowing you to keep a more professional appearance. Our staff at Advanced Dental Arts NW understands that not everyone enjoys the appearance of metal braces, but they would still like to improve the look of their teeth. Dr. Teasdale can discuss the benefits of both conventional braces and Invisalign® for your specific situation. Importantly, he can accelerate treatment for each situation, cutting times by up to 70%.
Invisalign® uses a series of clear plastic aligners that are customized to accommodate your teeth as they are and bring them into the positioning that you want. We can usually help you fully straighten your teeth in less than two years-- most Invisalign® patients are treated in eighteen months.
How Does Invisalign® work?
Your Invisalign® process begins with a visit to Advanced Dental Arts NW. At this appointment, Dr. Teasdale will evaluate your tooth positioning and ask you questions about what you are hoping to accomplish. Together, you will discuss which options may work most efficiently for you and your lifestyle because no one treatment is best for everyone.
Using specialized Invisalign® software, we will take 3D images of your teeth-- this will help us view your current positioning. Then, the program will allow us to make the changes that you want using a 3D model of your teeth so we can see the final results you are seeking. Once you have found your ideal smile, a series of aligners will be ordered. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks, slowly moving your teeth into the desired position.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Our patients love Invisalign® because it comes with many benefits, including:
- Discretion: Invisalign® will be nearly invisible in your mouth. Most people will never know you are wearing the aligners because they are clear and fit entirely over your teeth.
- No Metal: Not using metal offers patients many benefits including: no metal to see, no metal to rub against your cheeks, no metal for food to get stuck in, and no metal to try to brush or floss around. The freedom of no metal is significant to anyone who has dealt with it before.
- Removable: Whether you play sports, play an instrument, or just want to keep eating the foods you love, being able to remove Invisalign® offers great freedom for our patients. The biggest problem with braces is that you can never get a break from them. With Invisalign®, you can. Though we will ask you to wear your Invisalign® aligner at least 22 hours a day for the best results, there are those little bits of time that you can remove your device when you most need to, like when you’re eating or cleaning your teeth.
For over 20 years, Advanced Dental Arts NW has also provided traditional orthodontics with metal braces. As a result, we can blend both regular braces and Invisalign when it’s more efficient and effective. If you have been told that Invisalign® will not work for you, or if you have any questions whatsoever, please call us today.